Sack all British High Court Judges

Because they're fucking useless. And here's the evidence

LONDON (Reuters) - A British judge admitted on Wednesday he was struggling to cope with basic terms like "Web site" in the trial of three men accused of inciting terrorism via the Internet.

Judge Peter Openshaw broke into the questioning of a witness about a Web forum used by alleged Islamist radicals.

"The trouble is I don't understand the language. I don't really understand what a Web site is," he told a London court during the trial of three men charged under anti-terrorism laws.

Prosecutor Mark Ellison briefly set aside his questioning to explain the terms "Web site" and "forum." An exchange followed in which the 59-year-old judge acknowledged: "I haven't quite grasped the concepts."

If Judge Pete Openshaw does not now what a website is, should he really be in a position to judge the modern world? We hear stories all the time about how these pompous arses are so incredibly out of touch with reality - and this is just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Sack the useless bastards and get real people in, or let's get judges elected. Anything is better than the current fiasco...

9 Responses to “Sack all British High Court Judges”

  1. # Blogger Fidothedog

    We should just pack up and give up now, judges who cant work out a website!

    UN-FUCKING-Believeable!!!  

  2. # Anonymous Maggie

    Tell me I am dreaming and this is not happening...pleeze!  

  3. # Blogger A Free Man

    One would have thought that in preperation for this trial the judge would have done some research?

    If that was me, I wouldn't say to a packed court room "I'm a fucking idiot, I've been pretending to know what the fuck you're talking about for tha past five months"

    I would go away for the weekend and learn about it!

    What an idiot!  

  4. # Blogger Marcus Aurelius
  5. # Blogger Renegade Eye

    How can you research law without a computer? Use books?  

  6. # Anonymous Old Peculier

    The judge did say later (reported in the Evening Standard) that he asked the question for the benefit of the jury so that it would get explained. This may be true. I hope so.  

  7. # Blogger Gavin Ayling

    It just reaffirms my belief that judges should be elected.  

  8. # Blogger Malcolm

    Judges preside over courts, they have to ensure fair play and a just trial.
    Detailed technical knowledge of the gist of the case is not needed.
    As in Dicken's time, the judge in Bardell vs. Pickwick was very confused by the expression 'the door was ajar'.  

  9. # Blogger Malcolm

    sorry, I got my last comment about judges all wrong.
    The job of a judge is to try and keep awake while a case is on, and drink at least one bottle of good claret over (extended) lunch.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search