Get Some Fucking Manners

The way some bloggers or commentors treat people in comments and posts can sometimes be nothing short of horrendous. I can think of numerous disgusting examples.

And they way women often treated really is despicable. It's a male dominated sphere, by a long shot, so we (male bloggers, commentors) have a duty to encourage and protect women from particularly vicious and personal attacks - often which would not be so vitriolic if it were a man.

Take this case reported in the BBC, blogger Kathy Sierra is reportedly thinking of giving up blogging altogether, after highly personal, vitriolic and utterly repugnant comments - and death threats.

Well I am here to start a campaign for manners in the blogosphere, and zero tolerance for such pathetic and hostile comments. It's called

GET SOME FUCKING MANNERS!

7 Responses to “Get Some Fucking Manners”

  1. # Anonymous FROCK

    but jonz. wait are not most blogs some sort of a debate? yes some are statements. and some opinion.
    a belief stronger than impression. and less than knowledge. stand up for them ??? defend them YES.  

  2. # Blogger jonz

    Sorry frock I don't understand where you are coming from...

    Debate in the most empassioned terms by all means, but lets have some respect for the human at the other end.

    Some of the actions are on the faceless web are despicable. See my new post...  

  3. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    I have been thinking about this myself latley. Though I have kind of grown to expect it on blogger ... I once had some complete stranger start a blog just to state how much they hate me? I thanked them. I mean, of the millions of people in the world they singled me out? I felt so special. anyway they do it on my space too, but it was comments on U tube that really caught my attention ... little kids making video joural like posts about their day at school get responses that make me want to puke... the story you point out is unbelievably fucked up... manners arent the only thing missing in the world .... what happened to peoples souls?  

  4. # Anonymous frock

    jonz. sorry i did not make that more clear.to stand up for them is to demise them and then they lose there status.to defend them is completely differeant. now you become there attorney.reguardless what is said to them . its still there choice. you have to take the good whith the bad.maybe they should take a page out of tu s. tin and thank them.thats brilliant.bottom line its open internet and freedom of speech.yes there are some &$#@heads out there so what they put out there. i dont think i would always stand up for. but the debate is open.its more cival and noboby gets hurt.  

  5. # Anonymous Steve

    Tu s.tin - you lucky sod. I've been hoping someone would set up 'Pub Philosopher Watch' for ages. If they did, i'd know I'd really got to them.

    For what it's worth, I try not to get personal, although it can be difficult sometimes. If people attack me, i try and ask questions to make them justify what they've said and, usually, they can't.

    Some people are so inarticulate that all they can do is shout insults. That's the trouble with free speech. You have to let the idiots have their say too.  

  6. # Anonymous FROCK

    steve. i dont mean to be insulting.but let the idiots speek .some great men were idiots . most inventions were was men who never completed school. im not saying insults are right. but just respond to them in a what?cause they are just playing . and who cares they will get bored and stop.  

  7. # Blogger jonz

    I try to avoid getting personal too. Unless I get some communist pisspot coming on here like Pan I always try and stick to the argument.

    Frock when Steve said idiots he didn't mean those of low intellect. Some idiots are intelligent. I think he's referring to those people who are .... shits.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search