Why The Mainstream Media Really Pisses Me Off

I read the news and it pisses me off. Not so much the content, but the sloppy, biased and niave reporting the passes for journalism.

Let's take an example. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has made a series of well documented speeches in the past few days. All the news outlets have mentioned this in some form or another. What get's me is the way that political bias pespires from the words of the lefty press.

I think the most signifcant thing he has said in these speeches is that

Israel will be annihilated.. and said that it was a "rotten, dried tree" that will be annihilated by "one storm".

Considering that the Iranian president has just claimed Iran is now in the nuclear club, and he says that a soverign state is to be soon elimanted. Maybe that's just me and my silly Western sensibilities distorting my viewpoint.

The notoriously lefty New York Time's headline is

Iran's Leader Calls Israel a 'Constant Threat'
followed by the following paragraph

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said today that Israel is a "constant threat," and predicted that the Jewish state is on the verge of "elimination."

Preducted! Damn. I wonder how Israel could possibly be annhiliated?

You can almost see the lefties nodding quitely in agreement with the NYT little piece. The NYT journalist happily tells us the truth about the situation.

Mr. Khamenei denounced the policies of the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan and its support for Israel. "The bitter taste of liberal democracy which the United States wanted to present as a solution has hurt the Islamic nations," he said, as he pointed to prisoner-abuse scandals at Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo.

Now what lefty couldn't agree with that one?!

6 Responses to “Why The Mainstream Media Really Pisses Me Off”

  1. # Anonymous leanne

    check out the coverage in my local paper, uses those quotes you love so much.



    like the new look, can we still say fuck and bugger?  

  2. # Anonymous leanne

    hey it didn't add my link?
    try again....
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06105/682412-82.stm  

  3. # Anonymous j0nz

    Certainly can say fuck & bugger. It is rather sstrange that the post-gazette 'decided' to use 'quotes' around 'annihilated'. Why o why do they persist in tormenting me?!  

  4. # Anonymous leanne

    well I told them how much it bothers you
    and you know how I like to annoy.....  

  5. # Anonymous Kevin Nevis

    "It is rather sstrange that the post-gazette 'decided' to use 'quotes' around 'annihilated'

    Eh, isn't it a fucking quote?  

  6. # Anonymous Quizzical Joe

    Say, I've looked all over for the transcript of this speech, and I can't find one that has the words "annihilat(ed/ion)" or "eliminat(ed/ion)" in it. What's going on? Did he say that or not?

    Anybody?  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search