Political Spin

Here's two reports about the same story. The BBC, and the Telegraph.
Kember returning to UK amid row
Freed British hostage Norman Kember is returning home - to a row over whether he thanked the soldiers who saved him. [ed - that's me - well jonz actually - he didn't]
Released hostages 'refuse to help their rescuers'
The three peace activists freed by an SAS-led coalition force after being held hostage in Iraq for four months refused to co-operate fully with an intelligence unit sent to debrief them, a security source claimed yesterday.
It's patently clear the CPT group are a left-wing group who oppose the invasion (peace & torture is always so much better, don't ya think?). Silly cunts are not only ungrateful they were rescued, but
Jan Benvie, 51, an Edinburgh teacher who is due to go to Iraq with the organisation this summer, said: "We make clear that if we are kidnapped we do not want there to be force or any form of violence used to release us."
I don't know. It's like peace must be maintained at all times, even when there is no freedom. Fuck that.

4 Responses to “Political Spin”

  1. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    I know you like quotes.....heres a link to some
    ....http://www.democracy.ru/english/quotes.php

    and a few I picked out that I liked.

    In democracy everyone has the right to be represented, even the jerks.
    Chris Patten

    He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
    Erasmus Darwin, grandfather of Charles Darwin

    something I can never understand... is why people who want peace - think people who fight don't do so for peace.

    I know they would argue from the position the US started the war, but I guess the issue now would be who fights for freedom and who fights for power or revenge.  

  2. # Anonymous ken adams

    Sorry to interupt, but the CPT thanked the rescuers on Friday at 4 O'Clock in the morning GMT. That'll be over 24 hours before you posted this.

    I know it doesn't fit with the "ungrateful meddling do-gooders" line we're all supposed to be following, but there you have it. You can update this post without thanking me, I don't mind. That no-one need be misled any longer is reward enough for me.  

  3. # Anonymous ken adams

    Oh, and I nearly forgot! The full text of Kember's speech upon arrival at Heathrow is here.

    "I do not believe that a lasting peace is achieved by armed force, but I pay tribute to their courage and thank those who played a part in my release."

    Phew! Glad that's cleared up. Happy to help, as always.  

  4. # Blogger jonz

    Thanks for the update Ken! Sorry I didn't check these comments until just now.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search