The Real Pro-War Crowd

An Ablution contributor [that would be myself] points us to a comment on a British Asian blog to which I'm not linking, [see posts below about Stoning] which reads in part as follows (grammatical errors in original):

"Yes I’ve read Scott Burgess’ apologetic behaviour for the American govt. He doesn’t deny its a chemical weapon (though he tried initially until the American military admitted it)."

My initial response to this was puzzlement. How could any sane person possibly construe what I've written on the subject in this fashion, when I've made such an effort to point out - by multiple links to both weapons experts and the BBC - my belief, and the fact, that white phosphorus is not a chemical weapon?

Scott has certainly done his homework. Read here

To paraphrase Scott;

The problem is the way the anti-war crowd seem to be so enthused by failures of the US military - to the detriment of a stable Iraq. When something like White Phospherous is used by US Military - the 'left-wing' news and blogs suddenly come alive. You know the types - that want the Iraqi 'resistance' to win.

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown;

I am ashamed to admit that there have been times when I wanted more chaos, more shocks, more disorder to teach our side a lesson. On Monday I found myself again hoping that this handover proves a failure because it has been orchestrated by the Americans."

...

Though for those concerned I wouldn't take it too personally

If it were just the demonstrably delusional fantasies of one individual at issue, I wouldn't even bother addressing the comment, and would simply write it off, with a combination of amusement and revulsion, as the product of a comically warped mind.

1 Responses to “The Real Pro-War Crowd”

  1. # Anonymous Leanne

    I love you (what ever your name is)
    and I am sorry.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search