Praise to The Peaceful of the Palestinians

If you frequent my blog or any of my friends blogs you will see how sceptical the posts tend to be about the Palestinians. Reading an article at Reuters I was genuinely surprised. Link

The headline caught me, as I'm sure it was designed to, "Palestinian boy shot by Israeli army dies of wounds" - half expecting Reuters to mention somewhere near the end of the article that he tried to kill 5 Israelis with an RPG or something, i.e. the use of the word Boy denotes innocence. It certainly would not be the first time the media has portrayed Palestinians guilty of murder or terrrorism as complete innocents, like here or here.

But what made me sit back and take notice was this comment;

The boy's father, Ismail al Khateep, told Israeli television before the body was moved that his family had decided to donate Ahmad's organs to Israeli children who needed them.

"We want to send a message of peace to Israeli society, to the defence ministry and the Israeli parliament," he said.

"They (Israeli forces) killed my son who was healthy and we want to give his organs to those who need them."

It's so sad when the wrong people get killed. This man should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize not some dozy UN twat. What truly noble actions. God bless this family.

UPDATE: This fathers actions have helped 6 people

"This morning, I did not know anything about the boy. I only knew that the doctors said they had a heart," said Samah's father, Riad. "I don't know what to say. It is such a gesture of love ... I would like for [the family] to think that my daughter is their daughter"

"I don't mind seeing the organs in an Israeli or a Palestinian. In our religion, God allows us to give organs to another person and it doesn't matter who the person is," said Jamal al-Khatib, the boy's father, who added that he hoped the donations would send a message of peace to Israelis and Palestinians.

"I had an older brother who suffered from kidney failure," he told Channel 2, "and there were no transplants available. When the doctor told me that my boy was clinically dead, I remembered my brother."

7 Responses to “Praise to The Peaceful of the Palestinians”

  1. # Blogger Renegade Eye

    Good post. I'm sure the majority of Israelis and Palestinians, want the violence cycle to end.  

  2. # Blogger Pastorius

    Good catch, Jonz. We need to find the good things Palestinians do, and highlight them. Great post.  

  3. # Anonymous Sunny

    Good post j0nz...  

  4. # Blogger jonz

    Thanks guys & girls for the compliments. I thought this needed hilighting, it's not everyday you hear of such nobility.  

  5. # Blogger Bookworm

    It's quite an amazing story, isn't it? One wonders what kind of people they are to rise above the all-pervasive hatred.  

  6. # Blogger Crazy Politico

    It's amazing when that stuff makes it through the noise from that end of the world. The question is will it make it far enough though?

    God (or Allah) bless them for such a selfless act.  

  7. # Blogger B.C.

    A compelling story and so full of hope. Thanks for your remarks at my site, Jonz.

    Best wishes to you...  

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search