Nixon Archives Show Bush Lied, Botched Iraq

by Scott Ott

(2005-11-17) — A review of 50,000 pages of previously-classified Nixon administration documents reveals that President George Bush lied to the American people about Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction and has no exit strategy from the quagmire in Iraq, according to an unnamed non-partisan official at the National Archives.

“A cursory reading of these 35-year-old documents would lead one to believe that they contain information about President Nixon, Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Vietnam,” said the National Archives source. “But careful study by discerning historians reveals that these pages are actually a scathing condemnation of George Bush, Dick Cheney, Condi Rice and Don Rumsfeld.”

The source added that, “It’s amazing what you can learn from historical documents when you know what you’re looking for.”

In other developments,

Mosque Blasts Spark Murtha’s Call for Muslim Pullout

(2005-11-18) — Rep. John ‘Jack’ Murtha, D-PA, today responded to news of deadly bomb attacks on two Iraqi mosques by calling for an immediate withdrawal of Muslims from Iraq.

At least 58 worshipers were killed Friday morning in two mosques north of Baghdad when suicide bombers, strapped with explosives, detonated.

Rep. Murtha, the Johnstown Democrat who yesterday called for a rapid pullout of U.S. forces, today said that Shiite Muslims must redeploy as well.

“Shiite Muslims have done all they can in Iraq,” said Rep. Murtha, “but it is time for a change in direction. It is evident that continued Shiite worship is not in the best interest of the Iraqi people or the Persian Gulf Region.”

10 Responses to “Nixon Archives Show Bush Lied, Botched Iraq”

  1. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    knowing the U.S.is a country run by liars, makes me wonder what is the truth we can not bear.  

  2. # Blogger jonz

    Well all politicians are liars!

    I'm a little concerned that you didn't realise this was satire! But knowing how intelligent you are, surely not?!  

  3. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    The satire in you post I got, but if there is also some in your comment Im confused......are you saying you think I am stupid?  

  4. # Blogger jonz

    Nooooooooo not at all! Sorry I did sound a bit patronising there didn't I...

    Sorry just got confused with your comment a little. :)

    Forgive me?  

  5. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    Forgive you? love is blind beautiful.


    My question may have seemed unrelated but this post made me wonder....and im asking your opinion..what is the truth behind all the lies?  

  6. # Blogger jonz

    Well as a Cynic - lol - there IS no truth, no absolute truth, at any rate.

    'The Truth' is at best a hodge-podge of mostly correlating facts.  

  7. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    Ummm...I dont think I am asking the right question, but now your answer has changed it anyway. MAYBE sometime when I have a chance I would like to borrow this article, and ask some new ones.

    really I am stupid.  

  8. # Blogger jonz

    Stupid people don't tend to read "Apology of Socrates" but then I suppose it depends on how high your standards are!!  

  9. # Blogger Tu s. Tin

    one day you will love me too.

    by the way I never told you...I thought euro trip was a very funny movie, for some reason.... after reading your review... I felt insulted yet turned on by you choice of words.  

  10. # Blogger jonz

    LOL.

    I felt insulted yet turned on by you choice of words.

    Thankyou ;)

    I thought I would be the only one to have chanced upon watching Eurotrip - that's why I turned the comments off. It was hilarii.  



Links to this post

Create a Link


Looks odd? Use Firefox!

Email drunkenblogging AT gmail.com

XML

Search